It is now widely accepted that exercise is highly beneficial
for pre and post natal women, a specialist population that so few instructors
are qualified to train. This qualification is a ‘must have’ for
fitness professionals who would like to add another sting to their existing
fitness qualifications. It’s a growing niche market with few fitness
professionals able to take a slice of the pie. With that in mind,
here’s a qualification that will open the door to an under-serviced market,
enabling you to confidently deliver safe and effective group or solo exercise
sessions to pregnant women or women who may have recently given birth.
With the ever increasing trend for drastic post pregnancy weight loss, this is an excellent way to promote a healthy, happy and balanced lifestyle with the desired long term results. Exercise is an excellent way for a pregnant woman to build confidence about their changing body during pregnancy. Remaining active has now been medically-proven to have benefits for the mother, baby, delivery and post natal recovery.
Candidates require prior completion of one of the following qualifications:
· Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
Who is it for?
This qualification is ideal for advanced instructors and personal trainers who wish to expand their clientele to include individual or group training sessions to ante and post natal participants. It is also suited to those who are already running such sessions without a formal qualification.
Candidates will learn:
· How to identify the stages of the ante/post natal period.
· Describe the anatomical, physiological and biomechanical changes associated with each of the stages of pregnancy
· The benefits of exercise/physical activity for ante and post natal women for each of the stages of pregnancy
· How to support ante and post natal women in exercise
· Contraindicated to exercise for ante and post natal women
· How to manage risks in ante and post natal exercise sessions
· The nutritional requirements for the ante and post natal period an
· How to prescribe safe and effective exercise to ante natal and post natal clients
· How to deliver and evaluate an ante and post natal exercise practical session
· The Physical changes which take place during ante and post natal periods
· The benefits of exercise /physical activity for ante and post natal women
· How to support ante natal clients in exercise
· The contra indications to exercise for ante and post natal women
· Face to face practical gym / studio / classroom sessions
· Theory blended learning option
· Theory paper
· case study and programme design
Internationally recognised and accredited certificate: Central YMCA Qualifications (CYQ) Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients